Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I've been inconvenienced

I haven't worked on my blog in more than a week. I think I would have done so over the past weekend, but on Friday morning I suffered a seizure (the first one in my 61-year-old life) and spent the weekend in a local hospital.

I'm feeling much better now and went back to work today, but I'll be conserving my energies for awhile longer before getting heavily back into blogging. The seizure was apparently due to medication I've been taking for my type 2 diabetes; it (or something) caused my blood sugar to suddenly plummet. Thanks be to God for my wife, Janet, who saw me seizing and called 911.

- - Rich

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very, very glad you're OK!

9:33 AM, January 07, 2009  
Blogger Tom Smith said...

I trust that you fully recover. Please take care of yourself, we appreciate your words and look forward to further messages.

8:12 PM, January 08, 2009  
Blogger Martin Kelley said...

I'm getting spooked by these near-Quaker blogger misses (thinking of Richard M's "Not an Accident" post). I'm glad you're fine and I hope the medication gets worked out. Whew!

9:43 PM, January 10, 2009  
Blogger Liz Opp said...

Thanks for taking the time to add this account. When will you know if in fact it was medication-related?

Blessings,
Liz Opp, The Good Raised Up

2:50 PM, January 11, 2009  
Blogger Bill Samuel said...

Glad you're OK. Have you learned more since? I am also 61 and also a Type 2 diabetic on medication. So it kind of strikes home. But I have never had a seizure.

10:21 AM, March 31, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home