Monday, December 12, 2005

Some "Brooklyn Quaker" milestones

This Thursday will be the first anniversary of my initial post on the Brooklyn Quaker blog. Coincidentally, today will also (I think) be the day that my hit counter on the side bar passes 10,000 hits. The latter may not mean very much, since I understand that even a visit by a web-crawling robot counts as a hit, as does each and every time that I compulsively look in to see if there are some new comments. Nor do I remember exactly when I added that counter to the page anyway.

Still, I just thought I'd pause to say that I have been really pleased over the past year to make (or in some cases renew) the on-line acquaintance of many Friends and friends-of-Friends through our various blogs and the conversations that are threaded across them.

- - Rich Accetta-Evans

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And a pleasure it has been to renew your acquaintance through your blog.

We used your essay on vocal ministry last month, very successfully. Thank you again.

6:33 PM, December 12, 2005  
Blogger Lorcan said...

Ah Richard...
It has been fun, and I know that in thy home meeting, there has been some degree of ... inspiration to abandon blogging... But, I think these are the new Quaker journals, and that the sharing aspect, certainly has strenthed me in my travels through our faith, and thee has been a joyous part of that gathering in strenth... not to mention thy ministry at meeting.
I should close this with something silly and banal, but I can't think of anything in that vein... hey, pop over to Best Stuff and wish Amanda a happy birthday, :)
Happy birthday to thy blog
lor

9:08 AM, December 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home