Thursday, December 29, 2005

Jesus Christ Forbids War - A Tract by John Edminster

I have been meaning for some time to add the following link to the sidebar of my blog. I think it deserves wide notice and comment. The author, John Edminster, is a Friend in my Meeting and in many ways I feel him to be a soul-mate. I hope that Friends profit from reading his tract.

The Tract is: Jesus Christ Forbids War

- - Rich Accetta-Evans

P.S. The above post has been updated with a different URL for the text of John Edminster's tract than the one I originally provided. From this "new" URL it is possible not only to view the tract but to download it as a PDF or WORD document. John tells me that the email address given on the site is outdated and will be corrected. He can now be reached at john.edminster@gmail.com instead of the yahoo address formerly given.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Zach Alexander said...

Has he made a print version of it? If he hasn't but would like to, I would love to design (or help design) it for him. Text work is what I'm best at, and I hate seeing Quaker publications looking less than good quality.

I would love to see more Quaker tracts like this -- not trying to promote Quakerism per se, but what should be the radical implications of Christianity.

8:37 PM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Rich in Brooklyn said...

John had a very nicely-done print version of this tract that was distributed at 15th Street Meeting and at various other places for some time. I don't know whether he still has copies. I think the on-line version was posted for him by someone else, though I'm not sure.

I do know that John would like to circulate the tract more widely, and that he would probably welcome any suggestions about how to go about it or help in doing so.

I will forward to John Zach's offer of help with design of a text presentation.

9:38 AM, December 29, 2005  
Blogger Rich in Brooklyn said...

As a result of hearing from John via email I have changed the URL in this post so that it points to a different version of the tract - one that John himself prefers and one that makes it available as a PDF or WORD document.

This may or may not remove the need for Zach's services as a designer.
- - Rich

12:11 PM, December 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home