Thursday, May 24, 2007

The "I Told You So" Department

Even though this blog was meant to be concerned, among other things, with "Social Justice and Quakerism" I haven't posted very often on directly "political" matters. I have perhaps been overly-concerned that I would confuse my personal left-leaning political philosophy with the spiritual message of Quakerism that I think is fundamentally non-partisan.
One exception was this post opposing the confirmation of Alberto Gonzales as attorney general of the United States from January 2005. Recent events have only served to reinforce my conviction at that time. In fact, I deeply suspect that a connection will emerge between the question of justifying torture (which was what exercised me in 2005) and the current scandals about the firing of U.S. attorneys. We'll see.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home