Thursday, July 20, 2006

Appreciating "Bible Wonderings"

Contemplative Scholar has attracted some well-deserved interest in her blog Embracing Complexity, and its posts are sometimes listed in www.quakerquaker.org. For some reason, though, I haven't seen much reaction to her other blog, Bible Wonderings. To be fair, I may have missed the comments if there were any. I see that her last post was in April and I fear that she may have abandoned the project.

As far as it goes, it is a wonderful, piece-by-piece journal of her observations and questions as she works her way through a reading of the Bible. There is no fundamentalism here, and no false academic sophistication either. She comes with an open mind and fresh perspective to each strange and often difficult passage of this old old collection of books. Having begun with Genesis back in January, she had just finished with the First five books, not always the easiest reading, as of her last post. "I'm having trouble getting through Numbers" she said frankly on April 7, when she discussed Numbers 1-20 (and who doesn't find Numbers a little numbing?); but on April 20 she had finished the book and had some interesting things to say about it.

I recommend reading this fascinating blog, and hope that Contemplative Scholar will consider resuming her work on it.

- - Rich Accetta-Evans

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Contemplative Scholar said...

Rich,

Thank you so much for your kind words! Your appreciation made my day! I have been hoping to continue in my reading and reflecting, and now I feel inspired to do so sooner rather than later. Thanks again!

9:03 AM, July 21, 2006  
Blogger Bible Discernment said...

For more info on Bible Versions go to www.biblediscernment.com

2:31 PM, August 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home