Friday, January 27, 2006

Newton Garver on Idolatry

I have long admired the sharp mind and deep insight of Newton Garver (a Friend in Buffalo Monthly Meeting of New York Yearly Meeting). This article about Idolatry is a good illustration of both. It appeared in The Buffalo Report and a shortened version was reprinted in Spark, the New York Yearly Meeting Newsletter. I highly recommend this article for the light it sheds on what it means to bear witness as a Friend in this nation in these times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorcan said...

Hey Richard... sorry I missed thee this afternoon. I had to have a chat about serious stuff with a Friend - we were in the Library. I am looking forward to this article, I'll have to see if I have me issue of Spark. Hope to see thee before I am off to New London.
Cheers
lor

7:09 PM, January 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home