Sunday, June 05, 2005

Florence Accetta

I mentioned on this blog several weeks that my wife Janet's mother, Florence, was very ill and I asked for prayers. Since that time I have decided not to give any updates on her condition, which changed quite radically from day to day. It somehow seemed a much too private and intimate ordeal to be discussing in detail in front of just anyone who might stray across this blog.

On May 31, after a struggle that was deeply painful for her and for her family and friends, Florence Accetta died in Carmel Richmond Health Care and Rehabilitation Center on Staten Island at the age of 84. She had, among other things, a malignant brain tumor. I am grateful to have known her, to have spent some extra time with her very near the end, and to know that a still better life awaits her than the life she lived on earth.

My wife Janet, my son Nick, and I are no doubt still in need of prayer.

- - Rich

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz Opp said...

Rich, sorry to hear about Florence's passing. With what little you say, you offer much. Prayers to Janet, your son, and yourself.

Blessings,
Liz, The Good Raised Up

5:12 PM, June 08, 2005  
Blogger Lorcan said...

Dear dear Friend:

Genie and I are with you so much in spirit at this time and all our love and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

Lor and Genie

4:57 AM, June 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog I hope we can work to build a better health care system. Health insurance is a major aspect to many.

8:11 PM, December 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home